The fluidized bed expands

Dear developers, I am currently doing biomass pyrolysis (adding reactions). Figure 1 shows the state of voidage around 10s. However, with the increase of time, there will be a large expansion of the bed (figure 2 is the 40s state). I would like to know the cause of bed expansion, how to keep a stable bed height after the reaction reaches stability? Thank you very much!

If you are releasing a lot of gas, this will change the fluidization behavior and increase bed height.

Hello! There is a biomass entry at the lower left. I really want to know if the mass flow rate of the biomass at the inlet should be consistent with the mass flow rate of the fluid (where the biomass volume fraction is 0.05). Thank you! I tried to keep it consistent, but it resulted in a high inlet gas velocity. I look forward to your reply

The mass flow rate of the biomass and fluid are typically independent of each other. I am not sure what you mean by “consistent”, but if the biomass mass flow rate is 1g/s, it is unlikely that the gas mass flow rate is also 1g/s. These are boundary condition values so they should be given to you, I can’t comment on the actual values.