Visualization large VTU files with Paraview

I am trying to visualize large VTU files generated by MFIX-TFM (singe file about 2.5G) , the Paraview crashed when I tried to read even a single VTU file. I did this on Joure2 using 40 GPUs , and increase the number of GPUs didn’t help. Anyone can provide a solution? Thanks!

The quickest work-around is to only load the data you need when opening the files for post processing. Here, I’ve only selected the volume fraction:

Then you can apply whatever filters you need (e.g., slice):
epg

If you want to show multiple variables at the same time (e.g., side-by-side), you can do individual variables, then glue the images together.

This works! Thanks Jordan!

For future simulations, you can save fewer variables per vtu file. If you plan to visualize a slice, you can also define a planar vtk region to only save the slice in the vtu file. I haven’t tested the distributed IO with vtu files for a long time, so I am not sure how well it works. This would produce one vtu file per processor, so lots of small files that Paraview may be able to handle better.

Thanks Jeff for your suggestion. I also tried and saved fewer variables in the VTU file. I found that the ParaView is happy with VTU files about 500M.