Wall Boundary Condition

Dear all, I am investigating the effect of the wall boundary condition in granular flows in solid-gas fluidization by varying the specularity coefficient. For this purpose I have set the wall boundary condition for the solid phase to partial slip and selected the Johnson and Jackson model for which I have specified the value of phi. The problem is however with the gas or fluid phase. The same condition that I apply to the solid phase is duplicated automatically to the fluid phase. For the fluid phase I would like a NO-SLIP condition. Can someone explain the reason for this. sscp.mfx (29.8 KB)

Dear all I am still waiting for response for this post. Kindly assist me.

@jeff.dietiker or anyone else might help?

Dear MFIX kindly assist me. I posted this query some 2 months ago and still awaiting for an answer.

Hi,
I am new to mfix but I think that you need to use mixed boundary on your wall to prevent duplication.

The wall condition for DEM has not any effect on the behavior of particles. For DEM part, it only calculate the collision force between the particles and the wall. The wall conditions like no slip and fully slip affect the CFD domain.

You can look up this post.