Where should the chemical reaction be written?

Hi, MFiX community. I try to use chemical reaction of char combustion, which is mentioned in MFiX user guide. image Should I write these codes of chemical reaction and rates together in usr_rates.f, put it in the file path, then compile MFiX?

1 Like

There are several chemical reaction related tutorials. Studying those tutorials first should make you more familiar with the software.

Thank you, gaoxi. I’m reading these tutorials while trying to imitate them.

Could you point me to where the chemical reaction tutorials are? I spent quite a long time searching on google but did not find anything. Thanks!

In MFiX, there are several tutorials:

/tutorials/ tfm/silane_pyrolysis_2d
/tutorals/pic/silane_pyrolysis_3d
/legacy_tutorials/SpoutedBedCombustor

I see. Where do I find the legacy tutorial please? I only saw the pyrolysis 2D and 3D. Thanks Gaoxi!

I searched in my Conda pkg folder. I was able to find the mfix-gui-20.4.0-py_0/share/mfix/templates/tutorials, but where are the legacy_tutorials located? Thanks!

legacy_tutorials can be found in the source code of an older version of MFIX.

1 Like

Unless this has changed in the recent releases, access to legacy tutorials requires installing MFIX using the source tarball. To quote Jeff Dietker’s response at Vibration UDF for TFM model - #11 by julia.hartig,
“On the Download page, please go to the “Source/Pip” tab and download the tarball. This contains all source code and legacy tests/tutorials. These are not guaranteed to run in the GUI, you may need to run from command line.”

1 Like

The “legacy” tutorials are no longer distributed with the MFIX package. If there is demand for them, we could reconsider this decision.

• Charles

The legacy tests and tutorials can be found on older tarballs, up to the 19.3 release. On the Download page, select the 19.3.1 version, then go to the “Source/pip” tab and download the tarball. Extract the tarball. The legacy tutorials are located in mfix-19.3.1/legacy_tutorials.

Hello,developers!
I’ve downloaded mfix-19.3.1,but I didn’t find legacy_tutorials,can you post it here please?