Whether the shape of the inlet rigion and the inlet velocity direction can be customized?

Dear MFIX experts, hello!
I’ve been using MFIX for a while and I think it’s great.
When I use MFIX, I have two doubts about the entrance boundary. Hope to get answers.

1. I want a round entrance, but can I only set a rectangular entrance in MFIX? Is there any way to use UDF to make my entrance area round? If so, which file should I refer to?
  2. If my entrance has an inclined angle, how can I set the angle to make the inlet wind direction follow this inclined angle?
    Is the sum of the velocity vectors (the direction is consistent with the tilt angle) achieved by setting the partial velocity in the y and z directions? Is there a way to customize the direction of inlet air through UDF? If so, which file should I refer to?
    The diagram has been attached.
    Thanks again!

There is no need for UDFs here:

1. Even though you specify a rectangular region, the BC is applied along the fluid cells in that region, i,e. the area will be the that of the circular inlet. You can verify the actual area in the .OUT file.
  2. Specify the x,y,z components so they match the orientation of the inlet tube.
1 Like

Thanks a lot for your reponse!