Error - invalid memory reference

I am running a DEM model and it runs up to 7.3 seconds when I get the following error, could anybody tell me what this means and how i could resolve it please?

Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

Backtrace for this error:

python3.7(1853,0x7fff8a560380) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fbbea080c98: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Program received signal SIGABRT: Process abort signal.

Backtrace for this error:
#0 0x10e868d9d
#0 0x10e868d9d
#1 0x10e8681cd
#1 0x10e8681cd
#2 0x7fff51e56f59
#2 0x7fff51e56f59
/Users/chloegriffin/Documents/PhD/Rice piles/Numerical/MFIX/Rice Pile/MFIX Rice Pile/mfixsolver.sh: line 3: 1853 Abort trap: 6 env PYTHONPATH="/Users/chloegriffin/Documents/PhD/Rice piles/Numerical/MFIX/11.11.2020/MFIX Rice Pile":"":${PYTHONPATH:+:$PYTHONPATH} /Users/chloegriffin/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-20.2.0/bin/python3.7 -m mfixgui.pymfix

It is hard to tell. It could be that a particles goes out of bounds. In this case, double check the boundary conditions. Increasing the spring stiffness (particle and wall) may help. Turning on the “remove rogue particles” in the Solids>DEM>Advanced pane may also help.

Thank you for your response.

I have made sure the remove rogue particle box is definitely turned on.
I have tried increasing the spring constant and this has not resolved the error.

This error message appeared after I changed the domain extents to allow particles to leave the system.
Could this have caused the error?

Check the mesh and the BC locations. Feel free to share you file(s) if you want someone to take a look.

I have attached file.

rice_experiment.mfx (22.8 KB)

This looks like the same bad mesh you started from in another post. Turn off the interpolation (Solids>DEM, set interpolation to “no interpolation”), and take a look at the mesh.