How do I know particle velocity and volume fraction at specific location ? and how i can generate custom graphs?

Hello @jeff.dietiker @cgw ,

1. Can you tell me if I can generate selective graphs in MFIX by defining the x-axis and y-axis as some simulation variables? For example Y-axis (Velocity of particles) vs the X-axis (Time).

2. Can i also know if I can find the volume fraction and velocity of particles at a specific location in the geometry defined? I know i can assume velocity and volume fraction from the scale defined in GUI but can i know the exact values of it?

I have observed that any calculative output which is not generated by MFIX, it cannot be even done in ParaView

. The scope of post-processing also reduces.

Do you still think i could do such operations in ParaView?

I WOULD BE GLAD IF SOMEONE COULD ANSWER IT BECAUSE I WANT TO EXTRACT AS MUCH AS DATA I CAN FROM THE SIMULATION.
simulation3.5mm25secvar_velocity.mfx (16.2 KB)
geometry.stl (719.6 KB)
geometry_0001.stl (8.7 KB)
geometry.stl (719.6 KB)
chemicalloopfinal.stl (431.7 KB)

SIMULATION3.5MM25SECVAR_VELOCITY_FACETS_READ.stl (1.0 MB)
BOX1_FACETS_IGNORED.stl (25 Bytes)
SIMULATION3.5MM25SECVAR_VELOCITY.msh (25.6 MB)

If I understand you correctly, this can be done with the “Monitor” facility in MFiX 4.11. Monitors — MFiX 22.4 documentation

thank you @cgw . I tried your solution but it seems to show an error and I don’t understand the reason behind it. Can you give me an example or some steps based on how I can generate the graphs (like the one i showed in the screenshot i attached above at the pipe bend)
I would be glad for this help.

This issue was fixed in the 22.4 release.