You are cordially invited to participate in the U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory’s (NETL) 2023 Virtual Workshop on Multiphase Flow Science. This year’s workshop will take place as an on-line, virtual meeting, at no cost Tuesday, August 1 and Wednesday, August 2, 2023.
This event brings together international leaders from industry, academia and government laboratories working in multiphase flow sciences to discuss current research projects and future research and development needs. For these meetings, multiphase flow science refers to gas-solid, liquid-solid, gas-liquid, and gas-solid-liquid multiphase flows. Industrial presenters are encouraged to attend and to share their experiences and specific applications to help researchers better understand industry needs and priorities. Please reference past workshop proceedings.
The conference will cover topics in:
- Fundamental research in multiphase flows
- Advancements in CFD model development for multiphase flows
- Application of multiphase CFD to industrial systems such as carbon capture, renewable energy, gasification, combustion, chemical and biological processes, etc.
- Novel measurement and experimental techniques in multiphase flows
- Application of uncertainty quantification techniques in multiphase flow simulation
- Optimization and reduced order modeling of multiphase systems
- Machine Learning techniques for application to the study of multiphase flows
Call for Presentations
You are invited to submit a brief abstract for a 15-minute PowerPoint presentation. The presentation will be followed by a 5-minute Q&A session where the presenter will have an opportunity to answer questions from attendees. The presenter may present live, using Webex meeting software, or presentations can be pre-recorded if more convenient for the presenter’s local time zone. Please submit your abstracts by June 30, 2023, to email@example.com. The final agenda will follow by July 17, 2023.
The workshop will be Open to the Public and Foreign Nationals may attend the meeting. Only publicly available information will be presented. Please visit our NETL Multiphase Flow Science website for more information on the workshop and our research program.
Since this is a virtual workshop, there is no registration fee. Please register in advance for the workshop at the link https://netl.doe.gov/events/23FLOW. For additional information regarding the program technical content and presentations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For meeting process information, please contact:
Karen Blaney, Events Manager
NETL Event Management