You are cordially invited to participate in the U.S. Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory’s (NETL) 2021 Virtual Workshop on Multiphase Flow Science. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, this year’s workshop will take place as an on-line, virtual meeting from Tuesday, August 3 through Thursday, August 5, 2021.
This workshop brings together international leaders from industry, academia, and government laboratories working in multiphase flow sciences to discuss current research projects and future research and development needs. Topics can include gas-solid, liquid-solid, gas-liquid, and gas-solid-liquid multiphase flows. Industrial representatives are encouraged to attend and share their experiences and specific applications to help researchers better understand industry needs and priorities. Please reference https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/workshops/ for proceedings from past workshops.
The goal for the Workshop continues to be advancing the use of physics-based multiphase simulations and experiments to help overcome the technical barriers associated with the development of highly efficient, environmentally acceptable energy, environmental and industrial technologies and processes.
The Workshop will cover topics in:
- Fundamental research in multiphase flows
- Advancements in CFD model development for multiphase flows
- Application of multiphase CFD to industrial systems such as gasification, combustion, fossil fuel extraction and utilization, chemical processes, etc.
- Novel measurement techniques in multiphase flows
- Application of uncertainty quantification techniques in multiphase flow simulation
- Optimization and reduced order modeling of multiphase systems
Call for Presentations:
You are invited to submit a brief abstract for a 15-minute presentation. Please submit your abstract by June 15, 2021 to email@example.com.
Presentation Procedure and Schedule:
Presenters will show their PowerPoint or PDF presentation live on the Workshop Webex connection. Questions will come through the chat and Q&A features of the Webex connection.
- Please send a PDF copy of your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the presentation on the site https://netl.doe.gov/form/netl-2021-workshop-on-multiphase by July 30, 2021.
- These PDF copies will be posted to our website as part of the workshop archive.
The workshop will be Open to the Public and Foreign Nationals may attend the meeting. Only publicly available information will be presented.
Please visit our NETL Multiphase Flow Science Website for more information on the workshop and our research program at https://mfix.netl.doe.gov
Since this is a virtual workshop, there is no registration fee. Please register in advance for the workshop at the link here.
For additional information regarding the program technical content and presentations, please contact:
William A Rogers, Ph.D., P.E.
Multiphase Flow Science Group
Research & Innovation Center
National Energy Technology Laboratory
U.S. Department of Energy
For meeting process information, please contact:
Karen Blaney, Events Manager
NETL Event Management