Dear MFiX user,
We are pleased to announce the MFiX 19.2 release. Please visit https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/mfix/download-mfix to download the latest version. See the release note below that highlights the changes from the previous version.
The MFiX Development Team
Changes from MFiX 19.1:
- Text Editor and File Browser:
- A text editor is now built in the GUI, along with a file browser.
- The file browser allows to open files from the project directory or the MFiX source tree.
- The text editor allows users to edit UDFs or other files (particle_input.dat, gridmap.dat etc.) directly from the GUI.
- Syntax highlight, find/replace, go to line features.
- Source code files are automatically copied to project directory for easy build.
- MFiX Keyword browser:
- Users can search for a known keyword to get documentation.
- Keywords can be located in the GUI by automatically moving to the widget controlling the keyword, and briefly highlighting the keyword.
- Advanced pane:
- Users can now add/edit keywords that don’t have a widget in the GUI. This includes regular keywords, and user-defined keywords.
- Material Database
- Solids phase diameter and density can be imported from a database of common NETL materials.
- Allow UDF for density model
- Allow regions to be re-ordered
- Allow solver to run if keyword
timeis not set
- Add/Remove job queue configurations from the run dialog
- Solver warning and error messages are highlighted in the console window
Notable bug fixes:
- Fixed DMP issue causing DEM particle temperature to rise along process boundaries
- Fixed send/receive buffer size with Garg interpolation in DMP
- Fixed mishandling of baseline composition when switching back and forth between variable and constant solids density
- Graceful exit with MFIX.STOP didn't write DEM .RES files
- Walltime advanced at wrong rate while paused