Dear MFiX user,
We are pleased to announce the MFiX 23.3 release. Please download the latest version. See the release note below that highlights the changes from the previous version.
The MFiX Development Team
- The stiff solver now supports DEM simulations. The fractional-step method has been extended to DEM. Chemical reactions occurring at the particle level can now be solved with the stiff solver (ODE integration).
- Default SMP and DMP solvers. In addition to the default serial solver, the MFiX package now includes default solvers that run in SMP and DMP mode. (DMP not available on Windows).
- Fortran and C compilers, CMake, and MPI are now included with the MFiX Conda package so users can build solvers without installing any additional packages.
- Keyword control of floating-point exception handling.
- More accurate DEM outlet boundary condition (particles are allowed to accelerate while crossing the BC plane).
- Better particle count estimate in the Initial Condition region when using the SQP model.
- The GUI will force setting the Hertzian collision model when using the SQP model.
- Visualization pane improvements (control font size and title of VTK color bar)
- Option to remove default walls.
- Option to fit particles to region has been deprecated. Keyword IC_DES_FIT_TO_REGION is no longer valid. Users should use advanced DEM seeding options instead.
Notable bug fixes:
- Fixed floating point exception in des_thermo_cond_mod.f