Dear MFIX user,
We are pleased to announce the release of the new version of MFIX (MFIX2013-2). Please visithttps://mfix.netl.doe.gov/members/download.php to download the latest version. Please see the release notes below that highlight the changes from the previous version.
Please send any software related questions toor administrative questions to .
MFIX Development Team
Changes from MFIX2013-1 (Date: 03/06/2013) to MFIX2013-2 (Date: 09/25/2013)
New features added:
- Stiff chemistry model
- The stiff chemistry solver was completely overhauled to eliminate any user coding. This capability can now be activated with a single keyword.
- Point Source
- The ability to specify mass inlet point source anywhere in the domain was added. This can be useful when modeling a small side inlet, without having to resolve the actual geometry.
- Subgrid models
- The two-fluid Igci and Milioli filtered models were implemented and can be activated by new keywords.
- DEM cluster detection
- An algorithm to detect clusters and collect information was implemented.
Changes in existing features:
- Parallel execution
- The SMP directives have been updated in key-subroutines. The SMP compilation options (including hybrid SMP+DMP) have been turned back on. Please note that the reported CPU time may be inaccurate in SMP mode.
- Bug fixes and enhancements
- Cyclic boundaries with pressure drop: flags CYCLIC_AT_E/N/T were corrected.
- Updated documents
- Readme file 
- Variable solids density
- Ability to have solids density vary as a function of species composition (Eulerian/Eulerian solver)
- Change from 2013-1 Release:
- 13 files were removed due to stiff-solver overhaul (net count)
- 2013-2 Total count:
- Files: 526
- Lines: 195,755
- Blank Lines: 26,750
- Code Lines: 116,321
- Comment Lines: 56,292
- Statements: 85,702